If you are an English 101 student or you study a similar course, you may be presented with a lot of writing assignments. If not careful, you may ‘run mad’ from some of the assignments. The pressure experienced in universities and colleges is nothing compared to what students are used to in high school. Advanced learning demands advanced knowledge as well as advanced skills. That is why college assignments are complicated. As one advance, the topics become more complex.
In most cases, lecturers decide on the topic to assign students. Nevertheless, students can also choose their own topics in some cases.
An argumentative essay is a type of paper that requires three main steps of skills:
• Proper research skills
• Sufficient analytical skills
• Comprehensive Reading and writing skills
Whenever you face any difficulties with any of the skills mentioned above, it is wise to hire qualified writing assistance available at Essaypages.com.
NB: Argumentative essays are designed to sharpen the learners’ debating skills. This type of essay determines how eloquent a student can be in future.
Choosing the best argumentative topics
Many students prefer their lecturers selecting the topics for the assignments- they somehow feel relaxed. However, it is better to have a liberty of choice as one can pick an issue of personal interest. It is relatively easy to choose a topic from any academic field including sciences.
Sample Argumentative Essay Topics
1. Should cigarettes and other tobacco products be banned?
2. Should prostitution be legalised?
3. Do the benefits of medical marijuana justify its legality?
4. Is the drinking age (21) appropriate?
5. Should nuclear weaponry be outlawed worldwide?
6. Should the United States put more restrictions on gun ownership and use?
7. At what age should girls have access to birth control without the consent of their parents?
8. Does outlawing controlled substances only create a larger black market?
9. Should companies/organisations be granted personhood?
10. In what situations, if any, does a woman have a right to an abortion?