M4 Case Study Analysis: TOMS Shoes: One for One Movement
This case discusses the revolutionary business model of TOMS and how it has achieved such success. It begins by analyzing the background and origins of the TOMS shoes business concept: it would provide a pair of shoes for a needy child for every pair sold by the retailer.
By Joe Hastings – Flickr, CC BY-SA 2.0
The case discusses TOMS operational approach and how the organization manages to carry out its central mission. The culture of the company and its marketing strategies also are discussed. Next, the case examines the impact this business model has on both society and other organizations. Finally, the case details some of the criticism TOMS has received as well as some of the risks it has endured.
Case Study Tasks
Read the case in the text carefully and then prepare a case analysis by applying the decision model for resolving ethical issues. This is a full case analysis assignment. After reading the case carefully, you are to complete the following six tasks:
Bold and highlight these as subheadings in the paper
1. Determine the facts of the case: Who. What. Where. When.
2. Precisely define the key ethical issues.
3. Stakeholder analysis. Who are the important stakeholders?
4. Identify the ethical theories that relate most closely with this issue.
5. Describe three alternative courses of action and the pros and cons of each.
6. Recommend and justify a course of action.
Please submit your responses in 8 pages or more double-spaced, type-written documents excluding title and reference pages. Please be sure to proofread and spell-check your work before turning it in.
1. Summarize the companys marketplace situation
2. Identify salient problems and issues
3. Determine key decision-making criteria
4. Propose alternative solutions to each problem and issue, using decision criteria
5. Please submit your analyses in 5 page double-spaced, type-written documents
6. Please be sure to proofread and spell-check your analyses before turning them in
Written assignment guidelines
1. American Psychological Association (APA) style
2. Typed, double-spaced, 1 inch on all sides – left, right, top, and bottom margins, and size 12 font
3. A minimum of 50% of references must be from academic journal within past 5 years.
4. A minimum of 8 references are needed in addition to your text books references
5. All written submissions must have headings and subheadings. One long essay without headings, questions and answer numbers will receive a grade of zero
6. Less that 5% direct quotes
7. No BLANK spaces anywhere in the paper
8. Pictures are not included in the page numbers
9. Both within text and full citations at the end of the paper are required
10. Inserted page numbers on the lower right corner
11. Use correct grammar